Costa Rica is Paradise.
It contains more natural beauty per acre than any other country on the planet.
Costa Rica contains dense jungles teeming with exotic wildlife, towering volcanoes, lush green valleys, crystal clear rivers and lakes, and miles of gorgeous undeveloped beaches.
The country offers a great climate, a stable democracy, friendly atmosphere, low cost of living and excellent health care.
When Costa Ricans are asked the question “how are you”, they typically answer with the phrase “pura vida”.
Pura vida means “everything is good”. It is translated literally as “pure life”.
The country scores extremely high on the “Happiness Index”.
Due to it’s stunning beauty, easy access, and friendly people, Costa Rica has become one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations.
Although only about the size of the state of South Carolina, Costa Rica is home to more species of mammals and birds than Canada and the Continental United States combined.
- Over 850 species of birds. An astounding diversity of birds.
- It is unmatched for flora and fauna with over 3,000 species of flowers and wild orchids, 2,000 kinds of trees, and over 100 varieties of ferns.
- It also has more than 250 volcanoes, 4 of which are still active.
- Magnificent rain forests , mountains, oceans, and national parks offer water sports and nature sports activities in abundance.
Costa Rica offers an almost endless number of outdoor activities.
- Water sport activities include world class sports fishing on two coasts,kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming, wind surfing, yachting, and more.
- Nature sports activities include nature and wildlife excursions, biking through rain forests, bungee jumping, canopy tours, canyon or waterfall rappelling, golfing, hiking, horse back riding, mountain climbing, sightseeing, and zip lining!
- Also quite popular are bird, butterfly, volcano, and whale watching.
- Warm-hearted and genuinely friendly people
- Very tolerant of different opinions and social divisions
- Tend to have strong social networks of family, friends, and neighbors
- Usually greet Americans, Canadians, Europeans and all other foreigners with a big smile and a handshake
- Costa Ricans have a high life expectancy rate exceeding an average of 78.5 years.
- A simpler less materialistic life, more in tune with nature, obviously contributes to to longer life.
The Government & Statistics
- Costa Rica has a long standing democracy.
- It is a peaceful country that has not had an army since 1948.
- It has a world famous National Park system. Costa Rica is a model for conservation efforts. It has set aside over 27 percent of it’s lands for National Parks and Private Reserves
- Boasts a highly educated society, with a literacy rate of more than 92 percent.
- Education is free and compulsory up to high school.
- The health care system excellent and available to all.
- You can safely drink the water and eat the food throughout the country.
- No capital gains taxes
- Low property taxes
- Much lower cost of living than found in North America and Europe.
It is obvious why the number of foreign citizens relocating to and visiting Costa Rica is rapidly growing.
To get an idea of the diversity of Costa rica property, see our Costa Rica listings.
Costa Rica is an excellent choice to live, retire, or invest!
Powered by Facebook Comments