The Chiriqui Province has both beaches and mountains, and everything in between.
Even a volcano.
The Province was incorporated in 1849 while Panama was still a part of Colombia.
The 1949 stamped pictured above was created to celebrate Chiriqui’s centennial.
Chiriqui is now the most developed province in Panama.
It shares a western border with Costa Rica.
To its South is the Pacific Ocean. To its North is the Bocas Del Toro Province.
The region has tropical forests, islands and cattle ranches.
In Chiriqui, one can do anything from trout fishing to horseback riding to zip lining.
It has a thriving coffee industry in its hills.
Chiriqui is also a popular tourist and retirement destination.
Benefits of Living in Chiriqui
The reason for its popularity is its many advantages.
• Location. It is just a short flight away from Costa Rica, Panama City, and Bocas del Toro. The airport in its largest city, David, serves all those areas. In fact it is easy to drive to those areas as well. Roads throughout Panama are well-maintained. David isn’t useful only for its airport. It a mecca for shopping for the entire Province.
• Popularity. Chiriqui is a popular tourist destination. This mean Chiriqui offers many amenities, activities, and services to residents and tourists alike. Amenities, activities, and services that are not available in less popular regions of Panama.
• Weather. Chiriqui has a varied climate because of its diverse landscapes. For example, in the highlands, which are also famous for coffee, you can experience mild and cool weather. While its beaches offer warmer and sunny weather.
• Culture. Because of the mix of locals, retirees, and investors, Chiriqui has a fun and welcoming feeling. Many of the locals are willing to help newcomers and tourists learn how to live in Panama. It is truly a community feeling that any newcomer or vacationer will enjoy and find comforting.
• Affordability. Panama offers many of the modern amenities available in more expensive countries at a less expensive price. Luxury homes and hotels here cost much less than they would in other popular, “First World” destinations. Seeing a movie in Panama is much less expensive than it would be in America. Utilities such as water and garbage are much more affordabel as well. Overall, the cost of living in Panama is much lower many other places. Which means that a person can enjoy his or her usual lifestyle, but at a less expensive price.
Its affordabiity extends to its real estate as well.
Chiriqui Panama Real Estate Offerings
Like its weather, Chiriqui’s real estate pricing is diverse. Some of its most popular areas such as Boquete are significantly more expensive than other areas.
Although there are still some good deals available in Boquete. To see a few of them, Click Here.
The good news is there are areas of Chiriqui that have not been fully discovered by retirees and investors yet.
This is where you can still find some under-valued gems.
For instance, in the charming beach town of Puerto Armuelles, one can still buy a titled beach front lot for under $50,00.
Where else in the world can you buy beachfront for under $50,000?
To find out more about Puerto Armuelles, Click Here.
To explore our listings in Puerto Armuelles, Visit These Listings.
If you are attracted to Chiriqui, there are many opportunities to buy affordable property.
Come to visit and to explore.
The microclimates offered by Chiriqui have something for everyone whether it’s a warm, tropical beachfront spot or a cool, mild mountain home.
Powered by Facebook Comments
You may be Interested in these posts too: