Puerto Armuelles Panama Is An Excellent Beach Town
This town is not well-known as an expat destination – as yet.
That is changing.
Puerto Armuelles is located in the very popular Chiriqui Province.
Chiriqui Province is on the Pacific and is adjacent to Costa Rica.
- Includes the very popular towns of Boquete, Volcan, David, and Boca Chica.
- Some of the world’s best deep sea fishing
- Contains significant animals and birdlife.
- Activities include scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, kayaking, windsurfing and more
This town is unique.
- One of the only beach towns in Panama (as opposed to villages or big cities)
- An historical town, built by Chiquita Banana during the 30s, 40s and 50s.
- Many neighborhoods of wooden stilt houses, unlike the typical cement homes of central america.
- Has its own small airport
- Very unique: Its golf course is on adjacent to the airport runway.
Puerto Armuelles is a charming town.
Due to its siting along the beach, it also offers an extraordinary amount of beachfront properties.
Astoundingly it is also one of the cheapest coastal towns to live.
If you have been thinking of buying property in Puerto Armuelles, you should act on those thoughts soon.
The market has started to pick up at an extradinary rate recently.
Many things are happening:
- The government has funded and will soon begin to widening the road to Puerto Armuelles, which is bringing in alot of investment dollars.
- Expats in Costa Rica are looking for more affordable place to live
- Everyday there seems to be more people looking to retire or invest in Puerto Armuelles.
Puerto Armuelles offers various options to those who wish to live or invest there.
Currently, there are many affordable listings available in Puerto Armuelles.
Here are just three.
1) A Great Beachfront Property:
- 15 metres of beachfront.
- 425 square metres of property
- Beautiful views and breezes
- It is only a short walk to downtown Puerto Armuelles.
- In the historic Carmen neighborhood
This property could go for a lot more than the asking price of $49,900.
2) A Move-in-Ready Beach House
- 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom
- Recently renovated, including new paint
- Front and back porches,
- Landscaped yard with native flowering fruit and palm trees, and
- Refreshing ocean breezes. The house also has
- Beautiful views of Mt. Baru
- Located in the historic Carmen neighborhood.
- Short walking distance from downtown Puerto Armuelles.
- Asking price, $139,900.
3) Historic Las Palmas House
- 2 story, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom
- Classic wooden stilt home. Originally built for Chiquita Banana executives
- Located in the prestigious Las Palmas neighborhood.
- Offers quiet livings, an active neighborhood group, and a mix of both ex-pats and locals
- Minutes from downtown Puerto Armuelles. The neighborhood .
- A perfect retirement home.
Those are just some of the listings available in the Puerto Armuelles area.
When it comes to Puerto Armuelles, real estate is plentiful, affordable and varied.
But as I said, the prices are starting to rise.